[Dixielandjazz] Original Dixieland One Step: Questions

Rick Knittel knittelsportland at juno.com
Tue Aug 16 13:50:59 PDT 2005

Hello Mike C.

Copenhagen has no bridge. There are six parts. The first is a repeated
8-bar phrase; the second is a repeated 12-bar phrase; the third is
another 8-bar phrase which is also repeated, as is the fourth part. The
fifth part is another repeated 12-bar phrase (with tuba/bone written solo
for the first 4 bars). The solos are on  a 16 bar chorus which is really
two 8-bar phrases. This same sixth part is taken out by ensemble.

I don't know of any politically  incorrect connotation for the ODOS and
we play it all of the time with no apologies to anyone. Maybe I need to
know more about this tune.

Rick Knittel
JAZZBONE
Maine Street Paraders