[Dixielandjazz] Message 2, vol. 32, issue 28

Fred Hoeptner fredhep at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 15 10:41:49 PDT 2005

"Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Fwd: How do we get to be an opening act for
a national artist?
To: dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com

 Here is one you guys will get a chuckle out of I am sure.

  I'll bet Gary Church remembers the Merl Haggard show from the Oakland
Coliseum back in the 70s,
Long haired funny dressed Hippies if you will.   Mc was Old Red Merle
from San Jose Radio Station..."

Tom: Don't you mean Red Murrell?  Red and his Ozark Playboys were one of the
best western swing bands on the West Coast.  Later on he became a deejay.

  --  Fred Hoeptner