[Dixielandjazz] Fwd: How do we get to be aqn opening act for a national artist?

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Sun Aug 14 16:13:34 PDT 2005

 Here is one you guys will get a chuckle out of I am sure.

  I'll bet Gary Church remembers the Merl Haggard show from the Oakland
Coliseum back in the 70s,
Long haired funny dressed Hippies if you will.   Mc was Old Red Merle
from San Jose Radio Station.

Commander Cody opened with Diggy Diggy Li Diggy Diggy Lo and brought
the house down.
and did it again when they played their new hit "Hot Rod Lincoln"  then
things got really quite after they played the flip side of the record,
Truckin and a F$&@#%$ which they owned the copyrights to and made all
their money from becasue the single sold about a million copies of Hot
Rod Lincoln wit hit on the flip side.   The Truckin song did not garner
air play on any station more than once and it was usually the victim of
power or turntable failure before it got to the bridge.

Dave Richoux probably has a copy of it in his library too. :))

Red Merle signed off the show with something to the effect of " You
could see and feel the goosebumps all the way to the pickups in the
parking lot.

This was my very first Country music Concert to promote.  What an eye
opener, good thing it sold out.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins