[Dixielandjazz] Washboards as Melody Instruments

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Thu Aug 11 21:56:36 PDT 2005

Dass why de calls it Jass folks, ya gotta listen to da otha fellas and
be creative enough to fit something cool into the gaps so's it all
comes ouit together souindin like jass.

Ya can';t write that kinda stuff on charts so somebody with a PHD can
unnerstan it man cause if you could it wuddn't be jass no mo.   Jass is
whut you heah and whut you plays not whut sujmbody else tellyou yuou
oughtta play.  Either you can or you can't like is you is or is you
ain't my baby?  deah ain't no room for mr in-between.

Ya'll gotta read that book or swee the movie called "White Boys Can't
Jump" to understand why MOST White guys dixieland bands just don't
SWING.  De ain't got no Soul to swing wit man.

Cheers,

Tom "Shuckin and a Jivein" "Wimpin an a Pimpin" Wiggins