[Dixielandjazz] Washboards???

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 10 14:32:39 PDT 2005

Listmates,

Mike Vax asks:

>At the risk of being flamed, I have a question.
>Other than these reasons:
>1. Your drummer is bad
>2. Your drummer is a jerk
>3. Both of the above
>4. Portability?
>Why on EARTH, would you want to get rid of a drummer and
>add a washboard player?????

Mike starts with the obsevation that he risks being flamed which would
indicate to me that Mike is opposed to the practice of flaming.

Mike ends with the question "Why on EARTH would you want to get rid of a
drummer and add a washboard player?????" which seems to me to be a flagrant
flame (is that a redundancy?) itself and would tend to indicate that Mike is
not opposed to the practice of flaming.

Such questions aside . . . I would encourage Mike (and the rest of you anti
washboard bigots) to read my thoughtful reply to Luis regarding the
washboard and it's place in the orchestra.

Cheers,

Bill Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com