[Dixielandjazz] Show Tunes

Vaxtrpts at aol.com Vaxtrpts at aol.com
Wed Aug 10 12:21:02 PDT 2005

From:  Steve barbone <barbonestreet at earthlink.net>
Subject: [Dixielandjazz]  Show tunes from Chicago

Vaxtrpts at aol.com wrote
> Well, aren't we  just too, too..............................
> Why do musicians have to  put down show tunes if they aren't from "older"
> musicals???

Ha  Ha, AMEN MIKE.

Maybe we put them down because as OKOM tunnel  visionaries, we have some sort
of inferiority complex. A lack of inner  security because we are out of the
main stream? So therefore, we put other  musical forms down in order to feel
more secure and smugly  superior?
Then again, maybe we just have mental dystonia? :-) VBG
Like  you I enjoy the show and the music for what they are.
Cheers,
Steve  Barbone

Thanks, Steve:
We do think alike on many topics.  Now, if I could just become the  "booking
guru" that you are, everything would be great!
Mike Vax