[Dixielandjazz] Re: "Struttin With Some Barbecue" lyrics

Charlie Hooks charliehooks2 at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 10 08:22:56 PDT 2005

On Tuesday, August 9, 2005, at 08:29 PM, Bill Haesler wrote:

> much later Joe Glaser tried to cheat
> her out of the royalties. Lil won.

Aw, shucks!  Would Glaser have done such a thing?  Gee, I can't
believe it...

Barrett Deems used to tell Glaser Jewish jokes just to irritate him:
like, "What's the fastest thing in the world?  A Jew going through
Germany on a bicycle!"  Trummy said, "Barrett, what's this, you don't
like Jews?"  And Barrett said, "No, no, I like Jews just fine: I just
don't like Glaser!"   Lots of people agreed with him.

Charlie