[Dixielandjazz] Alphabetising and its pitfalls

Stan Brager sbrager at socal.rr.com
Wed Aug 10 07:51:36 PDT 2005

Bob;

There's no problem for English speaking record collectors with Cecil Aagard.
In our ignorance about the Scandinavian alphabet, Aagard will most likely be
first - just before Aaronson.

The placing of recordings on one's shelves depends mostly about how one
thinks of how one retrieves that record. In my collection, I have all forms
of music in alphabetical order by artist or composer (for classical music).
There are some other groupings of music such as Klezmer, Christmas, Comedy,
and compilations with many different artists. This works for me because I've
lived so long with this system that I can easily find the album I want
(assuming that I replaced it back on the shelf and don't have it lurking
somewhere else in the house.).

Stan
Stan Brager