[Dixielandjazz] The Boondockers, Sacramento Area

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Wed Aug 10 00:25:46 PDT 2005

The almost world famous Boondockers will once again hold forth at Giovanni's
Pizzeria tonight, Aug 10, 6:00 - 9:00 PM.

 The Boondockers will consist of our Fondling Father Bill Gunter on
Washboard; Ralph Thompson, banjo; Bob Williams, trombone; Paul Edgerton,
reeds and Darrell
Fernandez, bass.

Bob Sakoi is off playing a gig in Tinsel Town.  In his place, we are very
pleased to have on trumpet, Chuck Bond.  Many of you know Chuck from his
work with the very popular Titan Hot 7.

Since I am tied up playing a country club gig, the great pianist Tom Shove
(from the Mardi Gras Band) will be filling in on piano.

Remember, get there early, order your pizza, salads & favorite liquid
refreshment.

While you are at it, be sure to say hello to your host and co-owner of
Giovanni's Pizzeria, John Ruffaine.

Giovanni's Pizzeria
5924 South Landpark Dr.,
Sacramento, CA.
Tel (916) 393-7001.
6:00 - 9:00 PM, no cover charge.
Families welcome.

Directions:
>From Sacramento, go south on I-5 to Fruitridge Rd.
Turn left or east, under freeway, and go approximately 1/2 mile.
Turn right on South Landpark Dr.
and go approximately 1/4 mile to South Hills shopping center.
Giovanni's is on the right, next to the large market.

Visit our Boondocker web site and Gift Shop
http://www.theboondockers.com

--Bob Ringwald
Piano driver,
The Boondockers (Jazz and Comedy)