[Dixielandjazz] Tunes from Chicago

Vaxtrpts at aol.com Vaxtrpts at aol.com
Tue Aug 9 17:40:45 PDT 2005

Well, aren't we just too, too..............................
Why do musicians have to put down show tunes if they aren't from "older"
musicals???
Sorry, but I, along with quite a few other musicians I know, LIKE  Chicago.
Are the tunes ones that lend themselves to playing by traditional  jazz
groups?  Probably not.  But there are quite a few in the show,  that fit perfectly,
are catchy, and have interesting things about them.
Would I say they are musical masterpieces? No.
Are they fun tunes from a very enjoyable show? Yes!
Mike Vax