[Dixielandjazz] Son of Gloomy Sunday

Will Connelly willc at highstream.net
Mon Aug 8 19:45:48 PDT 2005

Bill and all -

Some years ago, when 45s still existed,  I was thinking of recording
Gloomy Sunday and wrote a song
which was to be the flip side. viz:

HER TOUCH
                  Words and music © Will Connelly

Her Touch stirred every fiber of my being
Her whisper kindled fires within my soul
I treasured every moment
When her presence sent a glow that lent
The meaning to my life and made it whole

But now she's gone, embraced by gentle angels
Her soft caress denied me ever more
My life's an empty vessel,
just a shattered broken mess
I'll never get together as it was before

Throbbing, sighing, hurt that's so deep, I'm crying
Sobbing, weeping
No way out now, but endless sleeping

And now the hemlock brings its gift of darkness
The shadows come to drive away the pain
And soon we'll be together in a sweet embrace forever
and we'll never ever be apart,
She'll have my all, my soul my heart
Eternally we'll be as one again

Just goes to show what a sufficiency of  cheap whiskey can inspire.
Kindly,
Will Connelly