[Dixielandjazz] Great CT Jazz Festival

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Mon Aug 1 12:05:46 PDT 2005

Listmates,

I am writing this as I am sitting on a train bound for Penn station in NYC.
I had a great time this last weekend, performing with the Blue Street Jazz
Band at the Great CT Jazz Festival in Moodus, CT.

While the accommodations were a bit primitive (Have you ever been to Boy
Scout camp?) the attitude and friendliness  (Is there such a word?) of the
volunteers more than made up for any inconvenience.

All of the bands were good.  I especially liked the Wolverines and a Jug
Band, Washboard Slim and the Blue Light Jug Band.

I also met several DJML Listmates, a few whom I have met before, and some I
haven't.

What a nice little festival.  They have had their problems in the past but
are doing a good job of fixing things and are coming back very nicely.  Keep
up the good work.

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
Placerville, CA USA

"There are three kinds of men:
The ones that learn by reading.
The few who learn by observation.
The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for
themselves."
--William Penn Adair (Will) Rogers B: 11/4/1879 D: 8/15/1935