[Dixielandjazz] Hello From Hungary

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Sat Apr 30 17:26:46 PDT 2005

vaxtrpts at aol.com wrote:

> Hello everyone:
>Well, I am in Eastern Europe, having a great time.  I am performing with the Benko Jazz Band from Budapest.  Joe Muranyi is also with us. (Louis Armstrong's last clarinet player.)  I sure don't know why some of the Trad Festivals don't "scoop" him up to be an allstar.  He is certainly one of the very best!

I have to agree there.  We had him at our Sancy Snow Jazz festival in
1996.  What a great player and human being.  We had a lot of fun.

Joe then pulled some strings and got Sac à Pulses to play the SzegeDixie
fest in Szeged, Hungary.  Aside from a bomb scare before the concert, we
had a blast -- pun intended.  The next day, we had a great jam session
in a cool little restaurant with Joe, Keith Smith and a great gypsy
violinist named Frankie.  Great carp soup as well.

Mike, give Joe the warmest of hellos from Gary and Sac à Pulses.

All the best, Gary

Gary Kiser
www.sacapulses.com
www.mojobrassband.com