[Dixielandjazz] Bob Cats Mid West Tour

Edmetzsr at aol.com Edmetzsr at aol.com
Thu Apr 28 15:35:09 PDT 2005

Dear Listmates,
    During mid May, the Bob Crosby Bob Cats  will be making a 5 city concert
tour through the mid-west. We're certain that  the good people who worked so
hard to put this series together would welcome  seeing you if you are any where
in the vicinity. As a matter of fact, we'd sure  like to see you also. I'm
certain that you'll be able to both listen quietly, as  well as dance your shoes
off. You can bet that we'll keep our end of the deal in  terms of being a
catalyst for both.

    Here's the line up with some contact info:

Friday May  13        2:00pm        Moolah  Shrine  Center
Maryland  Heights, MO
        Contact: Jack  Sprauge,          St. Louis  Jazz  Club
314-544-0241

Saturday May  14    5:00pm        The  Decatur  Club
Decatur,  IL
        Contact: Maggie  Parker          Juvae Jazz  Club
217-877-4114

Sunday May 15       5:00pm        Quality  Inn
Hannibal,  MO
        Contact: Andy  Fries               Great  River  Jazz
    217-224-1345

Monday May 16       7:00pm        Elks  Club
Laurie.  MO
        Contact: Jack  Schaumburg     Ozark Jazz  Society
573-365-3411

Tuesday May 17      7:00pm        The River Music  Experience   Davenport, IA
        Contact: Frank  Cincola           Bix  Beiderbecke Memorial S.
309-764-8500

If you have trouble contacting any of these folks, please don't hesitate
getting in touch with me either by email or by phone (973-263-2980). Maybe I'll
be able to help by answering your questions. We look forward to the trip and
we  (all eight of us) hope to see many of you. We've got some special treats in
 store. In addition to a nearly all-Crosby program, we'll be paying tribute
to  several jazz greats including Tommy Dorsey, Red Nichols, and our own Nappy
Lamare (with Bob Leary doing the Nappy part), during this, their centennial
year.

Best Regards,
Ed Metz for the Bob Cats