[Dixielandjazz] Summit Jazz concerts this weekend in Denver

Ed Danielson mcvouty78 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 26 17:12:35 PDT 2005

The Summit Jazz Foundation presents the sixth weekend of concerts in the
current season of Swinging Jazz concerts.  This Friday and Saturday, enjoy:

DICK HYMAN, piano
BYRON STRIPLING, trumpet
HARRY ALLEN, tenor sax
JAY LEONHART, bass
FRANK CAPP, drums

Concerts are presented in the Donald R. Seawell Grand Ballroom at the Denver
Center for the Performing Arts (DCPA), 14th Street between Champa and
Arapahoe Streets in downtown Denver, CO.  Parking is available at 14th &
Arapahoe (enter off Arapahoe). Food and drink are available for purchase.
The Ballroom hosts two dance floors. Three 45-50 minute sets will begin at
7:00 p.m. Mountain Daylight Time, and end about 10:00 p.m.

If you can't join us in person, we will also stream the concerts live on
Saturday evening, at the Summit Jazz Foundation website, www.summitjazz.org
.  Look for the "Click here for live audio" link, which will only be
activated on Saturday, at around 6:45 p.m.  We had about three dozen people
listening online during our last concert.  It's not necessary to have
sophisticated broadband connection for the webcast; dial-up should work just
fine.  (Bob Ringwald, we'll work on the trumpet mic this time!)

If you're in Denver, we'd love to see you; if not, click in, and enjoy!

Ed Danielson