[Dixielandjazz] The "Dukes..." on CD

Your Name bcassady at booze-bros.com
Mon Apr 25 19:29:14 PDT 2005

I'll leave it to Mike Marois to definitively answer this, but there is
current litigation between the Assunto family and the people who are
currently using the name of "The Dukes of Dixieland" - I was an
innocent bystander until I found out that one of the members of the
current band referred to Frank Assunto as "just another trumpet player
in the band" - to which I responded that was like calling Jesus Christ
just another carpenter.

I have no idea who owns the Audio Fidelity masters - I was recently in
touch with Sid Frey's daughter, who wound up donating lots of her
father's collection to the jazz archive at Tulane (thanks to some good
work by fellow listmembers who pointed us in the right direction).

I am compiling an MP3 collection of the albums for my own use, but we
can all pray that the Audio Fidelity masters will surface soon.

Thanks...

Bob Cassady (aka Jake Booze)
www.booze-bros.com