[Dixielandjazz] Re: Birds

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Apr 25 15:32:43 PDT 2005

Dear Ed,
Regarding: >In 1961, guitarist Joe Puma worked with Dick Hyman to record an
album of original compositions based on different bird songs.  It's called
"Like Tweet" and as I recall, it really swings.<

No quite my KOM but here are the details:
'Like Tweet'. Joe Puma and the Audiobon All Stars.
Don Elliott, mel, vbs; Jerome Richardson, fl, pic, ts; Bobby Jasper, fl. ts;
Dick Hyman, p. or; Joe Puma, g, b-g; Barry Galbraith, g; George Duvivier,
sb; Osie Johnson, d. Columbia CL 1618 an CS 8418 (stereo)
   NYC, 6 Jan 1961.
Skippin' South
Noah's Ark
Shade of Twilight
Sturnella
   Same. 13 Jan 1961
Flight Patterns
Cotton Candy Clouds
Panic in the Birdcage
Like Tweet
Thistle Serenade
Melancholy Bird

Not currently available on CD (if ever) so far as I can find.
Kind regards,
Bill.