[Dixielandjazz] Midi files

John Farrell stridepiano at tesco.net
Sat Apr 23 11:04:17 PDT 2005

Greetings Arnie -

The fading out of some of the files on my site is deliberate, it is not
caused by any problem. The reason I did it was because it came to my
attention that some unprincipled people were downloading the files, burning
them on to CDs which they then sold.

I have no objection at all to people downloading my music or even burning
CDs provided it is for their private enjoyment and not for commercial gain.
Perhaps I am naive in such matters but it is more important to me to share
the music I love rather than capitalise on it - besides I make sufficient
money out of my musical activities to  pay for my toys, trips and
indiscretions.

John Farrell