[Dixielandjazz] What they teach in college these days...

Bob Romans cellblk7 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 20 17:53:13 PDT 2005

Hi Mike...there's a world of difference between music and just sound...music
is not about "expression, language, and story telling"...it's about harmony
and melody...if it ain't got that, it ain't music no way no how! There's
lots of sounds/noise around nowadays, but to define it as music is a REAL
STRETCH! Good illustration is the sound you hear called "Rap"! Is it music?
No! Anyone who thinks it is, is deaf! It's "The Emperor's Clothes" syndrome!
Our civilization needs to come up with another term for what some people
mis-define as music...make up a word! Hunast, basworp, ludwaz, anything
might work!
"Have you heard the latest group? I LOVE the sound of their baswort!"
IMHO
Warm regards,
Bob (Running for cover) Romans
Cell Block 7 Jazz Band