[Dixielandjazz] Tribute to Jim Cullum band-- current JazzTimes

Norman Vickers nvickers1 at cox.net
Wed Apr 20 12:34:13 PDT 2005

Hello DJML Listmates:
For those of you who are not regular subscribers to JazzTimes, the current
issue has a tribute to "Riverwalk" and Jim Cullum band.  Longtime jazz
writer Nat Hentoff's column praises that weekly PRI radio show for its
artists, its documentation of the music and the quality of Jim Cullum's
band.

The show runs on Mondays here in Pensacola.  After our regular Jazz Society
gig, I caught Becky Kilgore doing some Maxine Sullivan numbers and talking
about Sullivan's approach to the music.  John Sheridan was guest pianist.

 I couldn't agree more.  Thought you'd want to know.

Norman --I'm a big Cullum fan, too--  Vickers