[Dixielandjazz] (Dixieland Jazz) Pete Kelly's Blues

Russ Guarino russg at redshift.com
Tue Apr 19 21:34:04 PDT 2005

Pizza Hounds,

My Grandfather was a baker and made pizza at home.  Yeast dough, anchovies, Italian
salami, garden tomatoes, oregano, cheese, etc., the whole works.  I grew up on pizza and
coke.

He called it pizza. I began eating it in 1938.  I've never tasted another pizza as good
as his. He lived in Southern California in a suburb of Los Angeles, Boyle Heights, I
think. We lived in Studio City.  He  come over from the old world at about age 23 and
never did learn to speak English. My dad was bilingual. But there was only one word for
"Pizza".

Russ Guarino