[Dixielandjazz] Re: Armstrong at Carnegie

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 19 17:47:07 PDT 2005

Dear Bill:

Maybe so, but if you look at the following web site, you will see another
reference to a Louis Armstrong Concert at Carnegie Hall on November 29,
1947. Supposedly from the archives of Carnegie Hall. (about 1/5 of the page
from top)

http://www.440.com/twtd/archives/nov29.html

Given Joe Glaser's pechant for booking the group long distances away on
consecutive nights (sometimes 500 miles), the 200 mile trip to Boston for a
November 30 date would have been a piece of cake, only a 4 hour train ride
or a five hour bus ride.

I think Fred Spencer may also have some input in favor of a November 29,
1947 Carnegie date, real or imagined. :-) VBG.

Cheers,
Steve