[Dixielandjazz] (Dixieland Jazz) Pete Kelly's Blues

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Tue Apr 19 07:54:43 PDT 2005

>>>I did some checking and found that pizza, which was supposed to be the
specialty of the restaurant the band play in, didn't really become known in
America until the 1950's.  I remember a restaurant in Keansburg, NJ that had
a sign that said "Pizza" and then under that said "Italian Tomato
Pie."
Nobody knew what it was!   So I doubth that a popular speakeasy in the
heartland would be serving it in the 1920s.<<<

Correct.  American post-war phenomenon.  Even Italians needed to be told what it was!

(Correct me, please, if I'm wrong, List-Italians...),

--
Etc,

Fr M J "Mike" Logsdon
Special Assistant to the Presiding Archbishop
North American Old Roman Catholic Church (Utrecht Succession)
www.naorc.org