[Dixielandjazz] (Dixieland Jazz) Pete Kelly's Blues

LRG4003 at aol.com LRG4003 at aol.com
Tue Apr 19 07:41:09 PDT 2005

It was indeed Matty Matlock's All Stars performing the badly mimed  music.
According to one discography that I found the group included Matty  Matlock
(Cl), Moe Schneider (Tb),
Jud de Naut (B), Eddie Miller (TS), Ray Sherman (P), George Van Eps (G),
Dick Cathcart (Tpt) and Nick Fatool (D).

Other notables in the cast included Ella Fitzgerald, Jayne Mansfield and a
young Martin Milner, pre-Route 66.  There was also a Jack Webb-produced  t.v.
version of Pete Kelly's Blues that lasted for 13 episodes in 1959 and
Matlock's group provided the music as well.
It was based (not shot) in Kansas City so at my tender age of 10  I thought
that was pretty cool stuff.

K.C. Clarinetist