[Dixielandjazz] Armstrong at Carnegie Hall

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 18 18:04:56 PDT 2005

Luis Flores asked about 3 Armstrong Concerts at Carnegie and Phil O'Rourke
mentioned the Feb 1947 and March 1948 appearances, but was not aware of
another one. Perhaps as Phil said, there was another one, but I don't know
either.

On the other hand, that February 1947 appearance was a 50/50 split program.
The first half was Louis fronting his regular touring big band. Then, the
second half was Louis backed by the Edmond Hall Sextet. If we can't find a
third concert, perhaps this one causes confusion and sometimes gets counted
as two?

What say you about #3, Bill Haesler?

Cheers,
Steve Barbone