[Dixielandjazz] Re: Krupa's trumpeter Revisited

Robert Newman bobngaye at surewest.net
Mon Apr 18 16:42:41 PDT 2005

That's interesting, Bill.   I have it,  also,  and in the Proper Records
Gene Krupa Story collection, he says the trumpets were Eldridge, Norman
Murphy, Torg Halten, and Graham Young, but he says it was recorded in
Chicago on August 18, 1941, on Okeh 6352.  Was Okeh a Columbia label?
Maybe the discs used in the ProperBox CD series were Okeh reissues.
Possible?

Bob Newman