[Dixielandjazz] Brubeck

EDWIN COLTRIN boreda at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 17 19:19:28 PDT 2005

In the late forties, I listened to Dave at a bar on Grand Avenue in Oakland while he was going to Mills College and perfecting his musical style. He originally started out as a soloist and then picked up a couple others. I think it was Desmond, Don't recall the others. His piano styling was a little avant garde for me , but then I've always have been too catholic to the early early jass music

Slainte

Ye Olde Mouldy Fygge

Ed Coltrin
Whiskey And 6 French Women Upstairs  (Phonetics of course)