[Dixielandjazz] Back to basics, please!

dingle at baldwin-net.com dingle at baldwin-net.com
Sat Apr 16 08:56:03 PDT 2005

David Richoux wrote:

> Don,
>
> The fact that I started the whole mess besides, if there is interest
> in any thread it can go on for weeks. If there is no interest it will
> die out of its own accord. I think there were some important
> discoveries brought to light about W.C. Fields, jazz used in old
> advertisements and a few other gems.
>
> It is the way this list works and I have the archives to prove it.
> OKOM Jazz does not exist in a vacuum and long rambling thoughts on a
> Db passing chord in a verse of song most people don't play are equally
> interesting, right?  ;-)
>
> Dave Richoux
>

> On Apr 15, 2005, at 2:10 PM, dingle at baldwin-net.com wrote:
>
>> Mike C. wrote:
>>
>>> I understand your frustration, but let's be realistic here. A list
>>> such as this is like regular conversation. Sometimes people drift
>>> off topic quite frequently to topics that may or may not have
>>> anything to do with the original.
>>>
>>> Mike

True, but when the subject changes to W.C. Fields instead of Pope
Secola, the header should change as well to save having to wad thrugh
the redundant posts that add nothing new. Sure, here and there a bit of
new information slips in, proving that even a blind pig will find an
acorn, but time is slipping away too fast at my age to have to put on
hip boots to go through the posts each day. At least, dear friends, as
uberlistmeister Bob Ringwald has often asked us to do, change the header
when the subject changes. At least it gives us a clue that there is an
acorn coming up.
Don ( I may be a curmugeon but I paid my dues to be one on the road for
enough years to have gained tenure) Ingle