[Dixielandjazz] To Barbone

SouJazz at aol.com SouJazz at aol.com
Fri Apr 15 17:21:40 PDT 2005

Just a thought that many a jazz musician has kept from starving by  playing
jingles, and or other assorted musical noise. They still do today.  The older
audience does not go out to clubs or spend enough money to keep  jazz viable
as a means of making a living.

So what's a poor jazz muso  to do? :-) VBG

Cheers,
Steve (no starving artist)  Barbone

am a fellow clarinet player--in Paducah Ky-an  ophthalmologist --I have your
cd and love your playing and always enjoy reading  your comments on the list-
there are many great jazz clarinet players both new  and old but I think none
play better than Pete Fountain..I have love his playing  since I was 16 and I
am 60--and although I have listen to all the others I am  most impressed with
him -- what is your opinion as a clarinet player who has  been around and can
play very well??Ted Borodofsky  www.southernjazz.com