[Dixielandjazz] Pepsi Jingle

David Richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Thu Apr 14 23:35:44 PDT 2005

Since this topic has migrated to ad jingles I thought I might let you
all know about a stack of 78s I got (for 25 cents each) at the French
Quarter Flea Market about 15 years ago- mostly Billy Butterfield and
his Orchestra with various female singers (Dinah Washington and Ella,
as I recall without digging up the discs ) singing the virtues for the
Crosley Refrigerator, Washing Machine and other kitchen items. These
were 1 minute and 3 minute commercials with standard OKOM tunes, lyrics
changed to plug the product! I don't think I have ever heard anything
else quite like them, but there was no jingle for the Crosley
Automobile - that would REALLY be something ;-)

For those of you who are not quite sure what the at car was - check out
this site: http://home.earthlink.net/~mherman/frame.html - some of the
strangest US cars ever made...

Dave Richoux