[Dixielandjazz] Sac a Pulses dixieland-band in Oklahoma

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Apr 7 11:11:07 PDT 2005

DJML and others--
     This morning i stumbled across the following
news-relsease at
http://www.jazzadvocate.com/News%20Release/ by
TubaBrother Gary Kiser of the Sac a pulses
dixieland-band in France:

"E-mail from Gary Kiser: gary at kiser.org
Bonjour, My name is Gary Kiser.  I was born in
California but now live in Clermont-Ferrand.  On
July 30, 2005, my jazz band, Sac à Pulses, will
be playing a concert in Norman, Oklahoma, a
sister city of Clermont-Ferrand.  We will then
continue on to California for the Orange County
Jazz Festival in Costa Mesa, August 4-7, 2005.
As there are no direct flights to Oklahoma City,
we will have to change planes somewhere.
Cincinnati is often our port of entry into the
United States.  If you were interested in a
concert by Sac à Pulses or had any ideas where we
could play, we could arrange to stop for the
night rather than just changing planes.  We have
played for the Alliance Française -- mostly in
Spain -- in the past.  You can visit our very out
of date website at http://www.sacapulses.com "

     As luck would have it, i had just been
listening to his fine jazz tuba solos on the CD
by Sac a Pulses called "C'est Pas Ma Faute!" and
was browsing the web for information on him and
his band.  Even though i don't know French, I
really like their playing, which is energetic and
expert.
     I'm considering driving up to Norman in July
to hear them, but maybe they'll be offered some
gigs closer to Austin, so more folks can hear how
good they are (hint hint).

     Dan