[Dixielandjazz] Multiple choruses - was notes

LARRY'S Signs and Large Format Printing sign.guy at charter.net
Tue Apr 5 20:19:02 PDT 2005

snip:
Producer George Wein asked him to calm things down fearing a riot. Ellington
laughed and said "Don't be rude to the artists, George." But then he took a
piano interlude after Gonsalves and did indeed calm things down. The episode
was pure magic at the time and you can hear it on the album. Today's jazz
performers don't that kind of audience reaction anymore, rock bands do.

They are too old to riot!
Larry