[Dixielandjazz] Re: motor car (automobile) songs

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Apr 5 15:22:39 PDT 2005

Dear Rahberry,
Regarding: > How about:  Come along with me, Lucille, in "My Merry
Oldsmobile".<
You must have missed it.
That was the first one on my original list.
Refer below.
Kind regards,
Bill.

"In My Merry Oldsmobile" (1927 Jean Goldkette [with Bix])
"I'm Wild About Horns on Automobiles" (1928 Seven Blue Babies, Fred
'Sugar' Hall + 1978 Toad's Krazy Kats)
"Henry's Made a Lady Out Of Lizzie" (1928 Six Jumping Jacks)
"Get 'Em In A Rumble Seat" (1928 Six Jumping Jacks)
"Little Bo-Peep Has Lost Her Jeep" (1942 Spike Jones)
"Tumble in A Rumble Seat"
"On The Back Seat of A Henry Ford"
"Keep Away from The Fellow Who Owns an Automobile"
"He'd Have To Get Under, Get Out And Get Under (to fix his
automobile)"
1913
Plus some later ones:
"Maybelline"