[Dixielandjazz] Concert Tonight On The Internet

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Sun Apr 3 09:01:21 PDT 2005

 Bob Romans cellblk7 at comcast.net wrote, regarding the Internet broadcast of
the concert from Denver last night:

> GREAT musicians...

You bet, every one of them.

> but...where in the hell is the soul, and heart, and...MELODY...

It was all there.

can they spell M-E-L-O-D-Y??? They sure do know their
> scales!!!
> Old fogey, I guess in Lodi...

I loved it.  The trumpet was a bit off mic but overall the mix was good, for
a live performance.  The musicianship was excellent.  Great show.  I wish I
could have been there.

Congrats to Allan, Juanita, Listmate Ed Danielson & all.  What a great time
we live in to be able to experience that concert from half way across the
country, live, while it was happening.  Like the live band remotes of many
years ago.

--Bob Ringwald
Placerville, CA USA
Fulton Street Jazz Band