[Dixielandjazz] Re: Misrepresentation?

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Apr 1 16:06:08 PST 2005

Dear David,
I was about to write regarding the same thing to Bert.
The 'Soundies' label is well known for reissuing some fine transcriptions,
if you are in-the-know. Unfortunately the use of the word "Soundies' can be
misleading, as you point out.
The Worlds Records' 'album descriptions' usually give a positive clue, but
did not really do so on this occasion:
   "BIG BAND BASH. Description:
 What a gem! SOUNDIES brings out their Sunday best of big band sound in Big
Band Bash, an extremely rare, exclusive compilation of 40 original, prized
tracks from 20 of the greatest bandleaders of the Golden Era. This 2 CD
package is complete with liner notes by big band historian Ethan Stoller."
 (Artists: a- Benny Goodman; Freddie Martin; Jimmy Dorsey; Will Bradley
w/Ray McKinley; Sauter Finegan; Sammy Kaye; Tommy Dorsey; Duke Ellington;
Bunny Berigan; Artie Shaw; Count Basie; Charlie Barnet; Glen Gray; Harry
James; Jimmie Lunceford; Larry Clinton; Les Brown; Vaughn Monroe; Woody
Herman;
t- Buddy Morrow).
I have been dealing with Worlds Records ever since the days of LP and have
always found them to be reliable, fair and honest to in their dealings.
Provided the CDs are still in 'as-new' condition I am sure they would swap
them or consider a refund. You can only ask!
Kind regards,
Bill.