[Dixielandjazz] Squirrel Nut Zippers

glen page gpage at dccnet.com
Thu Sep 30 17:51:21 PDT 2004

Hi all,

In all the talk about the SNZ I am amazed that there has not been
recognition of Duke Heitger's presence on their early recordings.

The first time I heard a recording of thr Zippers I immediately heard a
trumpet that said something to me, never mind the rest of the group which
really did not turn my crank. At that time I did not know it was Heitger
playing but recognised a hot MYKOM  musician. Subsequent hearings of Duke
have confirmed my original evaluation of his talent.

Cheers, Glen.