[Dixielandjazz] Squirrel Nut Zippers "UnDone"

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Thu Sep 30 17:03:45 PDT 2004

Folks I reluctantly inform you all that I did some research onthe Squirrl Nut
Zippers today, and found that they are no longer a touring or perfomring act.

No chance for them to play Sacramento in 2005

Appears that the Lead singer and her Husband band mate have split the sheets
like so many others in family bands, and do not and have no intentions of ever
performing together again.

She is now "Katharine Whalen's Jazz Squad"  Billie Holiday sound alike.
He has a show called  "James Mathus Knockdown Society"
He has recently been playing guitar with Buddy Guy at his club in Chicago.

They have gone their separate ways and formed alternate acts and are starting
all over again just like so many other bands.  Such a pity that they can't
split and keep their one viable result of their former efforts in tact to make a
living and remain a growing popular act for many years to come.  That would
certainly be much more Professional of them, and certainly appreciated by all
those folks who worked so hard to make them popular and finally making
reasonable money as a top draw act in their field.

Their manager and I spoke of this issue on the phone today and we both wish
we had a Hundred dollars for every time it has happened to one of our bands.

It is often a very thankless job, and what is worse is that he kept them both
as clients and now has to divide his time trying to rebuild two separate
careers.

Why Can't we all just get along?  And make sweet music together.
Sadly,

Tom Wiggins

musical content:  (I WISH)  "Together Again"