[Dixielandjazz] Squirrel Nut Zippers & Jazz Festivals

David Richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Tue Sep 28 21:44:41 PDT 2004

Bob,

What about some groups that are closer to home than North Carolina?
Most of the retro-swing groups I listed today are from San Francisco or
the west coast. I know that some of them even play in small dance halls
in Mountain View so they can't be THAT expensive - getting them into
the Sacramento Fest would be no big push. If there was a stage or dance
hall where a night of total  "battle of the new swing' bands" was held
- maybe that would get a lot of new folks out to the Jubilee...

I see that Swing Session aka Stompy Jones was at the 2004 fest - how
did they do?

Dave Richoux