[Dixielandjazz] Squirrel Nut Zippers & Jazz Festivals

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Tue Sep 28 21:25:48 PDT 2004

Gene & Betty Lynch wrote:

(snip)

> We own a couple of Squirrel Nut Zippers CDs.  Why > don't festivals trying
to widen
> their appeal book groups like these rather than Zydeco, DooWap, etc.  They
certainly appeal to the young swing > dancers, and some of us doddering old
folks.

 Sacramento has been pricing these groups.  They are out of our price
league.

BTW- The headliner for Sacramento next year will be Maria Muldar (SP).  She
has recorded 3 Jazz albums lately & will be here with her quintet which
includes Jim Rothermel.

--Bob Ringwald
Placerville, CA USA