[Dixielandjazz] re. Spike Jones

David Richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Tue Sep 28 10:01:53 PDT 2004

I also have a feature on my KFJC radio program that has almost turned
into a "Spike Jones Corner"  - just after I read a listing of local
OKOM events I play a few comedy or novelty music tracks - lots of Spike
Jones, Red Ingle, Hoosier Hot-Shots and the like. Sometimes I play a
bit of W. C. Fields or Edgar Burgen or other classic comedy routines,
but usually it is more "musical."

I don't get too many complaints from the Jazz Police, but then maybe
after 20 years they just know to "look the other way" for a few minutes
after 1130 ;-)   From your statement of programming taste I think we
have a lot in common!

BTW -
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?
pid=6668255&cart=29511&style=music  for The Spike Jones Story (not to
be confused with Spike Jonze ) but I am not sure which Region Code - it
says "unknown" on this page.

Dave Richoux  The Jazz Parade Thursdays 10AM - 12 Noon Pacific Time
KFJC 89.7 FM Los Altos Hills, CA  www.kfjc.org