[Dixielandjazz] Re: My Girl's Monkey

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sat Sep 25 18:36:21 PDT 2004

Dear Stan,
Unfortunately, I have never heard the Candy Candido "My Girl's Monkey".
The Hollywood Hot Shots (mid-late 1930s) 78s are extremely rare and I have
yet to find a complete listing of their output.
Which may be impossible to compile as (I believe) the records were
un-numbered.
Unfortunately your last sentence was incomplete.   8>)
However I think I know what you were going to say.
The 1999 edition of the Cassell 'Dictionary of Slang' has the same
definitions for both 'Monkey' and 'Pussy', so I would suspect that the
Ringwald/Whitcomb/Candido songs are all similar.
Very kind regards,
Bill.