[Dixielandjazz] Freddie Green solo

Brian Towers towers at allstream.net
Mon Sep 20 18:55:18 PDT 2004

Stan,

 Maybe not but boy oh boy, what a rhythm guitarist!   Closest to perfection
you
    could wish for - no whiney electric sounds and totally acoustic.  .
    A real class player who helped to make the Basie band swing like the
    clappers.  A disappearing breed!    I would not be looking for soli from
Freddie, the ultimate team player.

There  is a fine example of "multiple art" for you - the Basie rhythm
section!
    Regards,
    Brian Towers
    Toronto