[Dixielandjazz] Freddie Green Guitar Solo

Robert Newman bobngaye at surewest.net
Mon Sep 20 17:34:59 PDT 2004

I have a cassette of a concert Basie did in 1982, in which the Count plays a number featuring a Freddie Green guitar solo on the last chorus.  Basie even announces the number ahead of time, crediting Green.

I'll be glad to send that number out as an attachment for all the jazz world to appreciate, except I don't know how.

Tell me how and I'll do it.  It's in my machine right now and I just listened to it.  There's Green, clear as a bell, making musical history.  Debunking all this nonsense about not playing solos.  What absolute hogwash.

Bob Newman