[Dixielandjazz] arrangement copyrights

Ric Giorgi ricgiorgi at sympatico.ca
Mon Sep 20 16:05:11 PDT 2004

Disclaimer: 1) I'm not a lawyer 2) copyright law changes as politicians are
bought and sold 3) I don't work exclusively in this area.

But

AFAIK, Arrangements are not eligible to be copyright protected. A melody is,
a set of changes are not, a lyric is, an idea is not.

To be sure of your situation, check with a lawyer who specializes in
entertainment law. Most lawyers will give you 15 or 30 minutes to explain
why you are contacting them and will give a limited amount of advice before
they start the meter ticking.

Best of luck