[Dixielandjazz] Freddie Green Solo

Randy Fendrick jfendrick at bak.rr.com
Mon Sep 20 15:19:13 PDT 2004

I have an album of Freddie Green and Al Cohn and from that I would say
that he does solo, BUT in going back and listening to a couple of the
tunes he does nothing more than he did on every Basie album I ever
heard and that was to lay down the most impeccable rhythm that any
guitar player could.  Oh, to play with a rhythm section like that!
later,
rf