[Dixielandjazz] Re: Lasssus Trombone

Patrick Cooke patcooke at cox.net
Fri Sep 17 11:39:36 PDT 2004

Well this is a surprise to me!  I never for a moment thought Lassus Trombone
had anything racist about it.  I played it on trombone in my high school
band back in the early forties.  It was just another chart the band director
handed out for the band to play.  If it had lyrics, I never heard them.  I
had no idea who Lassus is/was and didn't give it much thought.  I know it
was more fun to play than a lot of the other stuff we played.  I still like
it.  I think I'll start playing it again, especially since I now know it's
politically incorrect.
      Pat Cooke