[Dixielandjazz] OKOM in Montreal

Ed Danielson mcvouty78 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 15 14:12:34 PDT 2004

Hello, Jacques --

I heard a very good local band at last year's Montreal Jazz Festival called
Le Dixieband.  Strangely, most of the links to them on the internet aren't
working right now.  They had an excellent drummer/singer, named Jeffrey
Simons.  I don't know where they play on a regular basis, but you might try
http://www.jeunessesmusicales.com/en/jmc/programmation/artiste.asp?id=113
for some information, and an e-mail contact (info at jeunessesmusicales.com).

I note that bands called the Aces of Dixieland, Denny's Dixieland Clan and
Sweet Dixie played the Montreal festival this year; you might try looking
for them, too.

Ed Danielson
Denver