[Dixielandjazz] Bob Barnard /John Sheridan in Columbus, Ohio

Charlie Coleman charliew8fim at ncool.net
Wed Sep 15 15:44:19 PDT 2004

Hi listees;   I had the pleasure of talking to Bob Barnard again after a 28 year break.    He was appearing in Columbus, Ohio together with John Sheridan under the auspices of the Central Ohio Hot Jazz Society .     Local stalwarts provided support and were well up to the task.   John Ulrich made a brief appearance on piano and although the body may be failing, when he sits down to the keyboard he still has total command.    Needless to say it was a session to remembered, especially the duo set with  Barnard and Sheridan.
I had met Bob in Davenport previously and we reminisced about the Bix fest and the fact that there are many silent horns of late.   He will be in Florida next week - forgot to ask venue and date :<(       Maybe someone on the list knows his schedule.     He agreed to contact webmeister Ringwald  (who he remembered as a fine player) to get back on the DJML.
Regards,   Charlie Coleman