[Dixielandjazz] Re: Murphy Orchestra? -- Strange MC Introduction

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Thu Sep 9 21:18:17 PDT 2004

 Dick Baker box2 at twotonbaker.com wrote:

> The master of ceremonies, obviously used to the more modern fare presented
> at this festival, proudly introduced "Turk Murphy and His Quintet."

Bob Rinwald adds:

I remember a Ragtime concert at the Old Town Music Hall in El Segundo, CA.
The MC was introducing the pianist Robbie Rhodes.  Robbie for many years was
the pianist for the South Frisco Jazz Band led by banjoist Vince Saunders.

The MC announced (very formally) that "Robbie Rhodes is the pianist for the
South San Francisco Jazz Band."

--Bob Ringwald
Fulton Street Jazz Band
The Boondockers (Jazz and Comedy)