[Dixielandjazz] The 100 most important American Songs of the20thCentury

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Mon Sep 13 20:14:40 PDT 2004

In a message dated 9/13/04 7:05:21 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
bbiffle at brgcc.com writes:

> Lots of good thought has been provoked by iconoclasts like Cage through the
> years.

That is quite possible Bill, but then one is assuming that many folks
actually know what an iconoclast is, Heck in America alone there is a great vast
audience that can't even spell it much less understand what it is or why it needs
to exist at all.

Sometimes fellows like John Cage actually think deeper than the vast majority
of  mankind can dig. :)   Which leads some of them to wonder WHY ?  What does
it do for me or mankind at large ?   Sort of like funding some commission to
study why children fall off of tricycles for a million dollars of taxpayers
money, and they come back a year later and say because they are clumsy.
Brilliant beyond words.   Some folks are indeed educated beyond their intelligence
me thinks, and we keep funding them to get even more intelligent.

I am looking for a Grant to allow me to contemplate "Why is a Shoe called a
Shoe?"

Kinda like the old saying  "There oughta be a LAW !  there probably is, just
nobody can find it anymore because there  are so many laws to look through to
find it, so it's easier to just make a new one and get paid for it.

Off the record Bill, did you know there is law on the books in Walnut Creek,
Ca.  that prohibits anyone from kissing anyone else in the armpit in public?
Whew ! I guess at one point in time that was a big enough problem that they
needed to pass a law against it. :))

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins

Musical content:  "Teach Me Tonight"  :+)